Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Numero Ocho - Escribe acerca de algo en las noticias que te interesan


 Number 8 - Write about something in the news which interested you
   

     On Yahoo news, I briefly skimmed an article on Kelly Clarkson and her inability to find work.  The fact that Kelly Clarkson could not find any collaborator did not interest me; rather, it made me think of dreams and their expiration dates.
     Many artists like Kelly Clarkson have made it.  They've worked hard and started with nothing to end up with all they could imagine.  After they've made it, what happens next?  Maybe that's the foil of reaching your goals.  It'd be bittersweet but maybe the best time to die is a short while after you've had it all.  You have the chance to enjoy the loveliness of it all, but it you leave it all before it get's old.  Maybe that's why they say the rich are unhappy.  They have so much yet it never seems to be enough, ironically.  So in this sense, maybe happiness comes from continuous achievement.  Maybe we intentionally hold ourselves back because we are afraid of what comes after the prize, what comes after the absence of challenge.  
     I'm trying to decide which is scarier between reaching a goal and looking for a new one or never being able to reach a goal.  Because on one hand, you have success, but in ways it's empty because the great feeling can only last for so long.  On the other hand, there is no success, but there is no feeling of grief over a lost passion.  It's probably really pessimistic to say, but after you've achieved something, what's the point of doing it again.  Maybe repetition brings affirmation to the skill, but after so many times the special feeling floats away.
     We seem to be a people of continuous movement, looking for something to stimulate the vast capacity of our brains.  My favorite moments, in this chase of continuous achievement and success, happen during the inbetweens.  The moments during the cycle (working towards a goal, achieving a goal, finding a new goal) following the temporary success are the moments that I feel I have it all.  I feel satisfied, and I am not chasing for anything new or anything more because I don't need anything more in the moment.  Kinda cliche, but they're the moments I'd be okay if I died in, the moments without a pull or obligation to something else.  But undoubtedly, the moments pass, and I again look for a new challenge.
     

-People seem to be adding pictures, so I'll add one too. (I searched flower shop on Google images and all the pictures made me angry for some reason, so it's a painting)-

No comments:

Post a Comment