At times, knowledge can be a burden rather than a benefit. At times, knowledge can bring more pain and loneliness than happiness and insight. With the classical example of the know it all, one knowledgeable person tends to over correct others and is bored with peers because they are not as intelligent as him. Competitions are never a challenge. In this extreme example, the knowledgeable only experiences loneliness despite his intelligence. Further, knowledge can bring fear. In 2012, many thought the world would end in December. Because of this incorrect insight, many began to fear the end, and took drastic measures to avoid this. This knowledge brought stress. Without it, many would have continued their happy, simple lives.
Knowledge, brings a lack of surprise and wonder. While it does fulfill curiosity, it ends curiosity as well. And ending curiosity is equal to the death of a new soul.
Your example of the world ending was a good one to use Samantha Lauren I like it. I like that you did this topic because after reading what Ty'Shae said about it I thought of, not to be corny because I don't like you but you didn't say what I expected you to. I still liked your blog post though it was almost decent I guess ChinaWoman.
ReplyDeleteSamantha your examples are always perfect and incredibly accurate. I like how you try to connect to something that everyone can relate to. Great job like usual.
ReplyDelete